sábado, 24 de outubro de 2015

October Update

"Shosanna" by Maaria Laurinen

     Hello there! Geez, I never seem to keep my promises of writing more frequently on this blog, do I!? Well, let's just say I'll try to at least give updates once a month. This one you're reading is October's.

     I've been so busy with my school readings that it feels like I don't have time for anything anymore. Which, apart from me not having any time to write in here, is the reason there aren't as many posts as before. I'm only reading and reading and can't find the time to think about my own stuff, to have my own reflections. I have got many, many ideas annotated but I don't have the time to give them a lot of thought! For example, a thought-experiment on gender and sexuality – is it possible that they're mostly socially constructed, rather than biologically determined? I think that's a very interesting question, part of a greater, broader question of mine: What if we weren't subjected to society's values or to those of any social institution? Are all of men's creations determined by the contexts in which they were made?

     Now, I plan on working on all of my ideas when I finish reading the stuff I need to read. That, and I also want to write a diary, maybe a novel, learn a new language... And talking about languages, I do need to practice my english more, especially my writing and talking – one of the reasons I'm writing this right now! Damn, there are so many things I still want to do, I may have to set up a schedule. Yeah... I definitely do need to set up a schedule. Anyway, about my last post, which was in portuguese, was written in response to what stupid close-minded politicians are doing to my country. I didn't want to get very political with this blog, but I was so angry with those stupid idiots that I just couldn't hold myself, thus it being my longest post so far. Now they're trying to pass a law which will make it harder for women to have abortions in cases of rape (the only legal way to do it), to get morning after pills if they want to, and getting medical treatment after being raped – yes, they're that crazy. I probably won't write about it though, otherwise it'd turn out to be a whole book.
     
     Well, that's all I have for today... I think. I'll just leave you with a drawing of the beautiful, bad-ass Shoshanna Dreyfus (Mélanie Laurent). Good night and goodbye, ya'll!


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário