domingo, 12 de abril de 2015

Cities at night

Hallucination by Sina Pakzad Kasra
    Do you know one thing I find odd? It is no mystery that time goes slower when we're doing nothing at all whilst when we do things we like it feels like minutes are shorter, but every once in a while I catch myself daydreaming while I stare at nowhere. And during the time this happens there is this weird feeling as if time had actually stopped, but immediately after "waking up" from that it feels like hours have passed. This is particularly easy to happen if I'm staring at the city lights at night. I don't know if it's just me, but I think there's something very classy about the glowing colors of big cities. I always say that some cities might be very ugly during daytime (the city I live in, for example), but no city is ugly at night. Skyscrapers shine up in the sky, cars give movement to their lights, but when you take a look at the buildings you see something truly magnificent. In every apartment and floor that has its lights on, there is a different person whose life you know nothing about, and probably never will. And you can't help but wonder who might live in each of these homes. A traditional family with three twins may be living there. Or perhaps the biggest criminal on earth. Or a depressive and suicidal teenager. Possibly a young couple having a romantic dinner? Maybe the love of your life lies in one of them! It is so fascinating to realize that everybody's got their own lives, their own personal stories which are yet to be told. You end up forgetting about your own life for a brief moment, just thinking about everyone else's. In fact, one could say that this is a moment of true altruism, of complete selflessness! ...Or maybe not, i don't know.
    What I do know, however, is that nothing goes better with classy cities at night than a good piece of modern jazz. Also, to complete, a nice cup of coffee. Oh man, that's the life! Anyway, those big concrete forests can sure be considered beautiful for those who love it. And to think that I am leaving my hometown in order to go to college makes me very sad. I have lived all my life here and now I'm going to a tiny town in the countryside where everyone is so ignorant and close minded. I hate it. Well, the fact that I got into college makes up for it, but still, I don't know what I'll do without those pleasant noises the city makes at night. They make it easier to sleep somehow.
    That's it for today. Goodnight, person.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário