sexta-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2016

Fucking Politics

Che Guevara and some other ugly guys


I'm pretty drunk right now, so I'm sorry for anything, in advance (and also for my grammar and stuff).

     This post is related to my previous one, which was in portuguese. But you don't need to be bilingual to be able to understand it. I have already stated that I admitted I was an arrogant little brat and that I'm ignorant about almost everything. But on top of that, today, I had been reading some old stuff I've written (though not in this blog) in the past, back in 2014. They were arguments I'd made about politics, and although I find some issues with them, I also find some very smart and intelligent points. More than I've expected them to be. Actually, I thought they were too intellectual and smart for them to be written by me. Which, unfortunately, made my present self feel very dumb and quite stupid. I mean, it's as if I was smarter than I am now (at least about the issues I had argued about).
     Maybe this happened because I deliberately tried to distance myself as much as I could from politics, since I used to get angry and pissed off every time I turned my TV on or looked at my facebook feed. Eventually, I stopped wanting to argue or to have a solid opinion about everything; but, with that, I ended up not doing some crucial research about important issues, and instead started focusing more on my career. Not that putting all of my focus on being a psychologist isn't important, but I just wished that I knew how to – or that, at least, I were able to – argue about important topics, such as capitalism, gun control and some other political topics. 
     To be honest, I feel dumb. I feel really really dumb and even more ignorant. Oh, fuck it, really. I'm too drunk to be thinking about any issues I have to work on. Perhaps I just think that I'm dumber, when, in reality, I just haven't had the opportunity to comment on those topics. All I know is that I indeed have been trying to distance myself as much as I could from general politics and that I don't think I have a solid opinion about everything, and maybe that's a good thing – to quote a great brazilian composer: "Eu prefiro ser, essa mertamofose ambulante, do que ter aquela velha opinião formada sobre tudo" (I'd rather be that ambulant metamorphosis, than to have that same old standardized opinion about everything)

     I feel like I want to write more, but at the same time I think I've just ended this post's discussion. See ya some other day, then.


XOXO you beautiful assholes

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário